Request for Your Visitation

Dear Shirley Tam,
I hope this letter finds you well.
It’s doubtful you would remember me, but we met briefly when you and Master Zhong came to Centinela Facility C to lead a teaching service on October 10, 2010. One of the points Master Zhong spoke about was that those of us present should be seeds in spreading the Dharma when we are transferred to other facilities or institutions. I have since been transferred and am now being held at the Kern Valley State Prison on Facility B.
I have only recently arrived here, but to my understanding, Buddhist services are not held nor been established on this facility. I would like to change that and have begun the process to the extent that I am able (Such as request to the Chaplain.)
As with Centinela, the process would be greatly assisted by outside volunteers. I assume it is similar to Centinela’s – contacting this institution’s community partnership Manager in approving volunteers. Any assistance in this area would be appreciated.
This is a more secure facility than Centinela, and so there may be more restrictions. At the least, though, I am hoping to find mentoring by correspondence, or just a pen-pal that I can discuss the practice with.
Beyond our one meeting and a few conversations with Norris Haynes (inmate at Centinela), I know very little of your organization and I look forward to changing that.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Cordially,
Alex Valentine